This website has been archived and is no longer being updated. Mostly because my life took a different turn at some point, with less making/manufacturing stuff to write about.

Check out, to see what I'm up to these days.

Contact me:

Hanno Braun

making and small-scale manufacturing


I have a daily habit of working on side projects, and I've come to appreciate the benefits of tracking that habit out in the open. If I'm doing work on a software project, I track that on GitHub. If it's more hands-on, I like to post an update here.

  1. The text block for notebook #6, glue applied to the front side. The cover next to it, ready to be glued on.

    I had another few minutes to work on notebook #6 today. The cover is glued to the front side now. Next up, figuring out how to attach the rubber band that keeps the notebook closed, then glue on the rest of the cover.

  2. A 3D-printed holder for the Prusa Mini's power supply, made from 4 parts, screwed to the back of my Prusa Mini enclosure.

    I ostensibly finished my Prusa Mini enclosure a while ago, but alas, the double-sided tape I used to hold the power setup on the back didn't hold. The power supply was too heavy, and when it fell, it pulled everything else with it. So I've printed this holder for it.

    The back of my Prusa Mini enclosure. A power strip, the power supply, a light switch and various cable to connect it. The power strip and the light switch are glued on with double-sided tape (not visible), while the power supply sits in the 3D-printed holder.

    Very happy with how it came out! Seems very sturdy. I expect it to hold this time.

  3. Text block of notebook #6, fully finished; next to it, the corner punch used for rounding the corners, and the cutoffs of the rounded corners.

    Rounded the corners of notebook #6 today. That means the text block is finally finished! Up next (hopefully next weekend), putting on the cover.

  4. Notebook #6, fully sanded.

    Finally finished sanding notebook #6! This one took the most sanding out of all of them. Now it needs to go into the book press for a bit, then I'll round the corners. After that, it's finally time for the cover.

  5. Notebook #6; two sides visible, one finished, the other not.

    Finished another side of notebook #6 today. More sanding to do on the last side, hopefully next weekend.